What would tutors be looking for at the TC-L4 interview?
In addition to successful completion of the CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and the CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies courses or their equivalents, entry to the Diploma courses involves having an interview with the counselling team at your chosen training centre.
Tutors will consider the following important factors in selecting applicants for a programme leading to the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4):
You will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate development of self-awareness and willingness to benefit from that process
- Use insight, honesty, imagination and ability to make links
- Understand the need for emotional stability
- Provide evidence of having engaged with a counselling or helping agency or have some knowledge of how such an agency works
- Identify reasons for training as a counsellor beyond simply personal development.
Candidates will also need to:
- Be aware of and manage the time and other resources required to meet the academic and emotional demands of a two year diploma
- Be able to work with difference and diversity
- Be able skilfully to form a helping relationship
- Respond sensitively and empathically to others
- Be prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Provide references.