All tutors delivering CPCAB qualifications must attend a CPCAB standardisation training session to ensure that they are assessing to a common standard. Tutors must attend a standardisation training day every two years and receive ‘cascade’ training from another team member in the intervening year. These training days are offered free in regional locations.
Please note centres must ensure that at least one experienced tutor and all new tutors attend a standardisation training session during the academic year. This is to ensure that they are assessing to a common standard.
Standardisation training dates
|London||School of Oriental and African Studies - Brunei Gallery - Russell Square campus||
Saturday 4th February 2017
Qualification levels 2-4
Please note the following:
- ELSK-L2, LSK-L2 & USM-L2 - Tutor/trainers teaching these qualifications will be standardised as part of the centre approval process. They do not need to attend standardisation training days.
- ICSK-L2 - All new tutors teaching this qualification MUST attend a standardisation training day before or during their first delivery of the qualification but they do not need to attend again each subsequent year.
CSK-L2 and all qualifications at Level 3 and above
Centre's responsibility – Centres must send all new tutors and at least one experienced tutor MUST attend a standardisation training day every year and 'cascade' the training to the tutors not attending
Tutors responsibility – All new tutors must attend a training session. Experienced tutors are required to attend once every two years provided the training is 'cascaded' to them by their attending colleague in the intervening year. If the tutor is working solely at a centre they will be required to attend every year.
A charge of £50 will be made to a training centre for the non-attendance of a tutor who has booked a place and has not cancelled (a week before the training) or failed to attend on the day.
To book your place
Complete our standardisation booking form.
Documents for 2016-17
- Exercise 2 - Criteria clinic - instructions
- Exercise 2 - ICSK-L2 Quick reference criteria
- Exercise 2 - Tutor observations - instructions
- Exercise 2 - ICSK-L2 Tutor observation of skills
- Exercise 6 - Criteria clinic - instructions
- Exercise 6 - CSK-L2 Quick reference criteria
- Exercise 6 - Criteria clinic (2.2)
- Exercise 6 - Criteria clinic (4.2)
- Exercise 6 - Criteria clinic (5.2)
- Exercise 4 - Criteria clinic - instructions
- Exercise 4 - CST-L3 Quick reference criteria
- Exercise 4 - Criteria clinic (1.4)
- Exercise 4 - Criteria clinic (2.2)
- Exercise 4 - Criteria clinic (6.5)
- Exercise 5 - Criteria 4.1.2 printout
- Exercise 5 - Introduction - fruit and veg stall
- Exercise 5 - Negotiating agreements - instructions
- Exercise 5 - Question cards
- Exercise 5 - Role-play scenarios
- Exercise 8 - Assessment criteria
- Exercise 8 - Extract for learning review
- Exercise 8 - Students as clients in the training group