At a glance information
7 mandatory units:
|Guided learning time||420 hours|
|Minimum age||19 years|
Successful candidates may progress onto:
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills & Theory
- Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling
Our Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling will benefit learners who want to train to become a counsellor working in a counselling agency. Successful completion of this course will enable you to provide a therapeutic counselling service within the context of an agency's service framework.
The Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling provides:
- coherent vocational and professional counselling training
- a competence based training which highlights the development of skilled practice via experiential learning
- specific training for the role of counsellor in an agency
- the opportunity to learn a wide range of counselling theories and approaches
- a pathway onto the Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling.
Read section 5 of the Qualification Document for further information.
TC-L4 is eligible for funding support. Find out more by reading our funding guide for students.
Where to study
Use our centre finder to find a Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling course near you.