At a glance information
|Guided learning time||90 hours|
|Minimum age||19 years|
There is currently no further progression route within CPCAB's qualifications.Printable info for this qualification
If you want to train to become a clinical supervisor of counsellors working with clients at service levels A and B, our Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision is the ideal qualification for you.
The Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision will equip you to manage the fundamental aspects of the clinical supervisor's role:
- providing support and guidance to your supervisees
- encouraging self review
- monitoring supervisees' progress
- managing legal and ethical boundaries
- developing awareness of the supervision process
- working with relationship issues which affect the counselling and supervision process
- exploring research findings on effective supervision
You must have completed either our Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory or their equivalents plus have at least one year's post-qualifying experience of supervised client work.
Alternatively, you must have completed our Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling or its equivalent and have at least two years' post-qualifying experience of supervised client work.
Read section 5 of the Qualification Document for further information.
Where to study
Use our centre finder to find a Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision course near you.