This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of substance misuse in order to:
- raise awareness of substance misuse and its consequences
- improve the knowledge, awareness, understanding and effectiveness of those currently working in the field of substance misuse or supporting people involved in substance misuse
- work to prevent substance misuse
This qualification does not lead directly to an employed role. However, the knowledge gained would be useful in a variety of settings, both professional, paraprofessional and personal, for example:
- supporting those working in Tier 1 services by providing an overview of the subject
- enhancing understanding of those already working therapeutically eg counsellors, support workers, key workers
- benefiting parents and carers by virtue of increased knowledge and awareness
- helping and supporting others either in a voluntary or employed capacity.
No previous training or experience is required to undertake this qualification but please read section 5 of the Specification for further information.Funding
Funding is not available for this qualification.Where to study Use our centre finder to find a 'Level 2 Award in Understanding Substance Misuse (USM-L2)' course near you.