Why choose CPCAB?
We’re the UK's leading counselling awarding organisation, with over 200 training centres and 400 locations throughout the UK and overseas. 16,000 candidates are registered for our technical and vocational qualifications each year. We’ve been in business since 1993 and we’re regulated by Ofqual, CCEA and Qualifications Wales.
As the only awarding organisation run by counsellors for counsellors, we’re uniquely placed to support you and your candidates. Our team includes experienced practising therapists who have taught counselling qualifications and have an intimate understanding of the sector.
Our qualifications are developed from evidence-based research. They’re structured to form a clear and coherent progression route to becoming a qualified counsellor and beyond.
Our work carries a heavy responsibility, which we recognise in our company philosophy. It’s one of the reasons we ensure our qualifications support competent and safe practice because we believe counselling can changes lives for the better.
What it’s like to start a recognised training centre
In this video, we hear about Chapters Counselling & Training, a recognised CPCAB training centre in County Durham. Sharon Lawrence, the centre’s owner, introduces you to some of the considerations and tasks involved in initially setting up and running a centre.
What we provide to our recognised training centres
- Dedicated, knowledgeable and friendly support by phone and email
- Annual visits to support and verify the work of our centres
- Regular training events to standardise teaching
- Inclusion in our centre finder to help prospective candidates find centres
- Promotional videos to be used in marketing materials
- Videos to support the administration and delivery of our qualifications
- The Counselling Channel on Youtube, offering supplementary support videos for CPCAB qualifications
- Access to our qualification documentation
- Podcasts, in partnership with Counselling Tutor, to support candidates and tutors
- Centre news including our quarterly newsletter and annual CPCAB Counselling Research Award
- Access to support from the counselling community on the CPCAB Facebook group
- Visit our new 'Supporting You' page. Dedicated to CPCAB tutors, here you will find useful content and relevant info