Level 5 Award in Online and Phone Counselling Practice
Coming January 2024
CPCAB is delighted to announce the launch of a new online and phone counselling training package, in partnership with The Open University, designed to equip candidates with essential skills and knowledge in online and phone counselling.
In today's digital age, the pertinence of online and phone counselling within the profession has become increasingly evident. At CPCAB, we understand the importance of staying ahead of the curve and embracing these transformative changes.
Our unique project places CPCAB's vision at its core – to prepare every candidate to become a compassionate, safe, and effective practitioner. With our Level 5 Award, candidates will gain the expertise necessary to excel in the world of counselling.
To see full specifications and details for this qualification see the Level 5 Award in Online and Phone Counselling Practice page.
Candidates can find out more about the qualification on explore additional training in Online and Phone Counselling.
Key features and benefits
This training package provides up-to-date knowledge to empower candidates in their counselling journey. Candidates will understand the latest strategies and best practices in online and phone counselling, allowing them to adapt to the evolving needs of their clients.
Key features of CPCAB's Level 5 Award:
- Candidates will complete two high-quality short Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Open University courses preparing them to take their practical CPCAB Level 5 Award in Online and Phone Counselling Practice
- The CPCAB qualification will provide training to apply the knowledge gained in the Open University CPD courses to practice for online and phone counselling
- This qualification is delivered fully online, which makes it highly accessible for both centres and candidates
- Centres will only be responsible for delivering the CPCAB short (45 Guided Learning Hours) practical Award, which demonstrates safe and effective practice
- This qualification is internally assessed by centres
Benefits for candidates:
- Stay ahead of professional changes and trends
- Gain specialised skills in online and phone counselling
- Unlock new opportunities for professional growth
- Have the opportunity to study with others who are passionate about making a difference in people's lives
- Working with experienced tutors, candidates will be guided every step of the way, fostering a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
- 40% candidate discount available for The Open University short courses
How do centres deliver the qualification?
Candidates will take two high-quality short CPD Open University courses to prepare them to take their practical CPCAB Level 5 Award in Online and Phone Counselling Practice to confirm their safe and effective practice. This provides training and assessment in the application of online and phone counselling, and on successful completion awards the candidate with the CPCAB qualification.
Centres, therefore, will deliver the CPCAB Award in Online and Phone Counselling Practice to candidates, fully online.
Find out more about the prerequisite Open University CPD courses below:
To apply for approval to deliver this qualification, complete our Non-regulated qualification application form.
This is not part of CPCAB’s regulated qualification offer, it is a bespoke qualification designed to complement the two Open University CPD courses to create a holistic learning experience which will enhance online and phone practice.
This qualification is for qualified counsellors who have completed CPCAB’s Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4) or equivalent and wish to work effectively within an online and phone medium.
This course has been designed to align to the BACP Online and Phone Therapy (OPT) competency framework and relevant SCoPEd OPT competencies.
Centres will provide internal assessment which follows the usual Level 5 CPCAB structure – i.e. candidate portfolio of evidence to meet criteria and the minimum assessment requirements.
CPCAB will provide independent verification to complete certification.
For further questions, more information or an informal discussion please contact: Molly@cpcab.co.uk