We offer face-to-face and virtual Standardisation Training Days for tutors, free of charge. During the training we work through what’s new in the ever-expanding community of counselling qualifications. The day features workshops lead by our Counselling Qualifications Professionals, setting the standards of our qualifications at the different levels, as well as focus groups exploring topics chosen to enhance and inspire your upcoming year of course delivery. These meetings offer networking opportunities with colleagues from other centres and to meet the CPCAB team.
As a CPCAB approved tutor you are required to attend one of the free CPCAB Standardisation Training Days either before or during your first delivery of one of our the courses. You must then attend a Standardisation Training Day at least once every two years and receive ‘cascade’ training from a colleague in the intervening year.
Please see CPCAB’s Terms and Conditions for full details.
2021/22 Training Dates
Below is a list of dates for Standardisation Training in the 2021/22 academic year. All sessions will be held online via Zoom. Please click on one of the following dates to book your place.
You can book on more than one qualification level if you wish. New tutors can book a place on a new tutor session plus an additional place on one of the qualification specific training sessions. This is not mandatory but would support your teaching.
Sessions for new tutors
- Thursday 11th November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Tuesday 23rd November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Friday 21st January 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Wednesday 16th February 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
Sessions for ICSK-L2 and CSK-L2 tutors
- Tuesday 9th November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 25th November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Wednesday 2nd February 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Saturday 12th February 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
Sessions for CST-L3 tutors
- Tuesday 2nd November 2021 - 13:30 - 17:00
- Friday 12th November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Tuesday 30th November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Tuesday 10th February 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Saturday 19th February 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
Sessions for TC-L4 tutors
- Saturday 6th November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Tuesday 16th November 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 2nd December 2021 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Saturday 15th January 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 3rd February 2022 - 10:00 - 13:30
Benefits of Attending
- Available to every centre teaching ICSK-L2 above (no limit on attendees from each centre)
- Opportunity to meet the CPCAB team on a one-to-one basis
- Opportunity to network with other tutors
- Standardisation exercises relevant to the qualifications
- Workshop for new tutors to CPCAB
- Tutor support materials following training
Feedback from Previous Training Days
It is valuable to network and understand the experiences/skills of other tutors as well as to feel part of the CPCAB "family". The workshops were really interesting and generated lots of ideas and reflections. Always such a supportive and enlightening environment.
Helpful to get updates about the different developments at CPCAB and their courses. I liked meeting others from other areas to see what they were doing and share how they found the experience. It’s always nice to feel welcomed as part of the CPCAB organisation. The workshops were well organised and the venue is easy to find and comfortable.
Really enjoyed meeting other tutors and CPCAB staff, felt very relaxed and supportive. The material that was covered was very helpful and confidence-boosting - great day, thank you
The day was very inclusive- there was a sense of everyone feeling valued and their opinion and experience respected. Each year I feel I'm bringing more away from the event.
Terms and Conditions
CPCAB would like to draw your attention to the Tutor Standardisation Terms and Conditions.
Have you recently delivered a CPCAB qualification? Let us know about your experience by completing a tutor feedback survey for each qualification you've taught.