We are CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body), the UK’s leading awarding organisation in the counselling sector. We develop counselling qualifications which are delivered by approved training centres. We work with those centres to register, assess and certificate their successful students.
Here at CPCAB our External Verifiers (EV’s) choose when they work, within a professional and nurturing environment.
- A ‘Buddy’ system for those early days
- Assisted visits and shadowing opportunities for new EV’s
- On-going training
- Support from a highly qualified team
- Facilitated peer supervision events
- The opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skills of the regulatory framework
As well as the above, we offer competitive rates of pay and a great opportunity to make a difference in the counselling and psychotherapy landscape, ensuring that the practitioners of tomorrow attain the required competencies.
So, if you have experience in teaching CPCAB qualifications, including Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4) for at least two years, please email me: Jackie Rice, CPCAB Centre Assessment Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and I really look forward to hearing from you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
At CPCAB we believe in creating a working environment that meets the needs of our external consultants which is why you choose the number of papers you wish to assess in any assessment window.
- Induction and on-going training
- Support from a team of experienced professionals
- An in-depth understanding of the assessment process
- A deeper understanding of our assessments, which will support you in your tutor role
- Excellent rates of pay
If you have taught and assessed our qualifications for at least a year and want to discuss how to become part of a team that is making a difference in the world of counselling and psychotherapy please email me: Marina Richards, External Assessment Service Manager at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Level 4 Tutor in Therapeutic Counselling
Job Type: Visiting/Sessional Lecturer
Centre Name: Birmingham Christian College (BCC)
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
The Level 4 course will be delivered using the blended learning approach: Face-to-Face and Online delivery
About the role:
BCC delivers a wide range of theological and counselling courses to students and practitioners. We are looking to recruit a Lead Tutor for Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling to join our friendly and supportive programme team. The post-holder will lead and teach our Level 4 course and will also be qualified to teach Levels 2 & 3 if possible. We are very interested in tutors who are able to support students to:
- Have a therapeutic counselling qualification (420 hours) at Level 4 or above.
- Be qualified to teach and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching and assessing at Level 3 and 4, or above.
- Be a qualified and a practising counsellor in supervised practice.
- Complete 30 hours of CPD activities per year.
- Be a member of a professional association for counselling and psychotherapy e.g., BACP.
- Be dedicated to your students, helping them achieve their aims on their counselling journey.
- Be a team player and be able to maintain good working relationships with all BCC staff.
Although there is training available, it is preferable to have some prior knowledge of MS Teams Classroom and partial online delivery.
To teach, supervise and review students’ work as required and to engage in the planning, preparation and other general administrative duties associated with teaching as a Visiting Lecturer.
- To deliver teaching in the form of, for example, lectures, seminars, workshops, supervisions, or tutorials as set out in module specifications and as appropriate to the discipline.
- To design assessments (where appropriate), assess student output, provide students with timely feedback and feed-forward, record marks and attend standardisation meetings.
- Comfortable using IT as all marking is completed electronically.
- To liaise with the Dean of Studies on content development in order to ensure an excellent student experience.
- To keep an accurate record of student attendance and enter data on the college’s record systems or course portal.
- To participate in peer review and observation and attend team meetings where appropriate.
- To undertake any training that is essential to completing the role.
- To seek to implement the College’s Health and Safety Policy and give due regard to the health and safety of themselves and others when carrying out duties.
- Actively seek to implement the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy and promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade and responsibilities of the post and provide counselling service for staff and students when needed.
Salary: £40 per hour + additional marking time.
Expiry date: Interview will be conducted upon receipt of CVs from qualified applicants. This means job advert may expire as and when a successful candidate is offered the role.
We would like to speak to suitable well qualified candidates
How to apply: Please apply with your CV and covering letter to Mrs Briony Seymour firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details: Please contact the Principal, Rev William Doe Kugbeadjor: email@example.com
Level 2, 3 Counselling Tutor, Up to 3 roles available in January 2023
Job Type: Part Time Evening Work on Site Tuesday or Thursday 1600-2100
Centre Name: Lewisham College
Location: Lewisham Way, Lewisham, London
About the role:
Lewisham College’s School of Counselling deliver a wide range of counselling courses to students and practitioners and require counselling tutors who can deliver Level 2, 3 and/or Level 4 courses with enthusiasm. This role would suit someone who is passionate about training counsellors and has experience of counselling practice, teaching, and delivering change in a learning context. The role will also involve course planning and developing future course material The postholder should be exceptionally well organised and enjoy working in a fast-paced and often challenging environment.
Provide effective and responsive teaching (to the qualification specification) to enable all students to meet the qualification requirements • Address the needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment
Assess students work and support them to develop and improve as required
Prepare lesson plans and teaching materials
Provide written support to students (emails/tutorials/one to one meetings)
Provide timely and effective feedback to students
Participate in the internal moderation and verification process
Liaise with the Curriculum Manager, admin staff, other tutors and internal and external verifiers as required
Attend staff meetings and CPCAB standardisation meetings and other CPCAB events as required Knowledge, skills, and experience
Level 4 Teaching Qualification
A minimum of two years’ experience of teaching and assessing at Level 2, 3 and 4, or above
A therapeutic counselling qualification (450 hours) at Level 4 or above
A current practitioner with 2 years supervised counselling practice or a minimum 450 counselling hours and hold a Supervision qualification or have 1 year experience of providing supervision to groups or individuals in a counselling setting
A member of a professional association for counselling or psychotherapy
30 hours per year CPD activities
Minimum Level 2 English and Maths and shown good ICT skills including competent use of internet and email and learning technologies
Experience of teaching and learning in the Adult Education sector
Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of CPCAB processes
Salary: Hours; 5/10/12 hours per week depending on Role
Reports to Curriculum Manager
Contact Terms Fixed term 1st February 2022
Notice 1 months’ notice to be given by either party
£25.50 -£35.97 per hour
**Salary dependent on qualifications tbc
Expiry date: These posts are available from January 2023 however we would like to speak to suitable well qualified candidates on an on-going basis.
How to apply: Please send your CV to Tania Sumner Assistant Principal and Robert Preston-Broom
Contact details: Tania Sumner Assistant Principal
Counselling Course Tutor
Job Type: Part time - hourly rate contract
Centre Name: CPTA, Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Academy, CPCAB approved provider.
Location: Tutors required for London, Bromley, Tunbridge Wells, Reading, Twickenham, Brighton and Hastings.
About the role:
Course tutors required for all level courses: L2 Counselling Skills, L3 Counselling Studies, L4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling BACP Approved, L5 CBT, L5 Psychotherapeutic Counselling and L6 Counselling Supervision.
Salary: Range £28 to £35 per guided teaching hour, depending on experience and qualifications
Expiry date: Ongoing recruitment of tutors for September and February start course 2023 to 2025
How to apply: Apply with CV stating your general availability and preferred location, daytime & /or evening, to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide further information on options, opportunities, and terms.
Contact details: email@example.com.
Counselling Tutor for CPCAB Level 5 in Counselling Adolescents
Job Type: Part-time: 4 hours a week – Fridays (9:00 – 13:00) – 30 weeks a year (term time only September - May). Service provision contract
Centre Name: Hart Voluntary Action
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
About the role:
Hart Voluntary Action is looking for tutors to deliver the CPCAB Level 5 in Counselling Adolescents course for Hart Voluntary Action at Youthline in Bracknell. The Tutor will be expected to attend the course in Bracknell every Friday morning during term time from 9:00 until 13:00 and to deliver the course alongside a second tutor. They will be required to do lesson planning, marking and interviewing in addition to the course delivery.
Salary: £40/hour for 120 hours
Expiry date: When positions have been filled
How to apply: For more information and an application pack please contact Hart Voluntary Action on 01252 815652 or e-mail your CV to register your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact details: email@example.com.
Job Type: Perm/Temp/Part-time/Full-time
Centre Name: Collaborative Counselling Academy (CCA)
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Collaborative Counselling academy (CCA) is a Hertfordshire based CPCAB college, staffed by established tutors.
Our courses are delivered using a blended learning approach including Zoom and classroom lessons.
We are based at Marriott’s School in Stevenage with access to excellent facilities. Our tutor team of six are successfully delivering levels 2 – 4 this academic year. We are adding further courses from October 2023 and are hoping to expand our teaching team.
We believe it is our mission to recruit students and tutors from minority groups and particularly welcome applicants from those who identify as such.
- Qualified to at least level 4 and to be a practising counsellor.
- To have at least 2 years supervised counselling practise or a minimum of 450 counselling hours
- At CST-L3 level, a supervision qualification or some experience of supervising groups or individuals in a counselling setting is desirable.
- At TC-L4 level, a supervision qualification or 1-year experience of providing supervision to groups or individuals is required.
- To be a member of a professional membership body for counselling & psychotherapy.
- To have undertaken at least 40 hours of personal therapy.
- A willingness and commitment to work with co-tutor and wider tutor team
- Availability to attend team Reflective Practise sessions (Monthly) outside of teaching hours
- Availability to attend team meetings (bi-monthly) outside of teaching hours
- Availability to attend team supervision (termly) outside of teaching hours
- Passion and interest in developing students and the counselling profession
Salary: You would be self-employed and renumerated at a rate of £40/student facing hour.
You would be required to assess student work outside of the classroom hours.
This is equivalent to a pro rata salary of £36,400pa
We offer 2 weeks fully compensated sick pay in your contract
Supervision, Standardisation training and Reflective practise sessions amounts to 18 hours CPD per academic year. CCA fully covers the cost of these CPDhours.
Expiry Date: N/A
How to apply
Please get in touch with your CV. firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 and Level 4 Counselling Tutor
Job Type: Part time, contract until December 2025
Centre Name: Care To Listen School of Counselling
Location: Addiscombe, Croydon and remotely
Care To Listen School of Counselling deliver a wide range of counselling courses to students and practitioners and require counselling tutors who can deliver Level 3 and/or Level 4 courses with enthusiasm. This role would suit someone who is passionate about training counsellors and has experience of counselling practice, teaching, and delivering change in a learning context. The role will also involve course planning and developing future course material The postholder should be exceptionally well organised and enjoy working in a fast-paced and often challenging environment.
- Provide effective and responsive teaching (to the qualification specification) to enable all students to meet the qualification requirements • Address the needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment
- Assess students work and support them to develop and improve as required
- Prepare lesson plans and teaching materials
- Provide written support to students (emails/tutorials/one to one meetings)
- Provide timely and effective feedback to students
- Participate in the internal moderation and verification process
- Liaise with the Educational Programme Manager, admin staff, other tutors and internal and external verifiers as required
- Attend staff meetings and CPCAB standardisation meetings and other CPCAB events as required Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Level 4 Teaching Qualification
- A minimum of two years’ experience of teaching and assessing at Level 3 and 4, or above
- A therapeutic counselling qualification (450 hours) at Level 4 or above
- A current practitioner with 2 years supervised counselling practice or a minimum 450 counselling hours and hold a Supervision qualification or have 1 year experience of providing supervision to groups or individuals in a counselling setting
- A member of a professional association for counselling or psychotherapy
- 30 hours per year CPD activities
- Minimum Level 2 English and Maths and shown good ICT skills including competent use of internet and email and learning technologies
- Experience of teaching and learning in the Adult Education sector
- Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of CPCAB processes
Hours; 10/12 hours per week (L3) TBC (L4)
Reports to Educational Programme Manager
Contact Terms Fixed term 1st February 2022- 31st December 2025
Notice 1 months’ notice to be given by either party
Salary: £26,500 pro rata
Expiry Date: N/A
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and CV of experience to email@example.com
Counselling Tutor – Levels 2 - 5
Job Type: Part-time/Permanent (self-employed contract)
Centre Name: London School of Counselling (LSC)
Location: Wanstead House, 21 The Green, E11 2NT and online via Teams and Google
We are looking for dynamic and innovative tutors to join our friendly, supportive, and welcoming team. If you are passionate about training counsellors and committed to the success of your students; if you can engage and inspire students by bringing counselling to life with enthusiasm, then we would love to hear from you.
LSC is an independent training provider offering Counselling qualifications accredited by CPCAB, including Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling. We will also be adding the Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies, Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and Level 3 Certificate in Life Coaching to our suite in the near future. As such we want to expand our tutor team and are looking for tutors who have a good knowledge of counselling theory and practice and are qualified to a minimum of one level higher than the course(s) to be delivered. Tutors will have opportunities to deliver classroom-based and online courses.
This role will suit you if you are passionate about developing students, excited about creating course material, well organised and enjoy working as part of a team. You will be supported by a dedicated training team and invited to attend regular reflective team meetings.
If you are a qualified counsellor thinking about stepping into the teaching arena, we would also welcome your application. We are committed to developing and supporting new tutors.
- Create fun, dynamic, inclusive learning environments using creative strategies that will engage and inspire students
- Help students achieve their goals by providing academic and pastoral support
- Regularly mark and assess students work
- Regularly provide feedback that supports students development and progression
- Participate in internal moderation and verification processes
- Liaise with the Training Team, Admin staff, other Tutors and internal and external verifiers as required
- Attend CPCAB standardisation meetings and other CPCAB events as required
- Attend monthly team meetings outside of teaching hours
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Practising Counsellor with a therapeutic counselling qualification (450 hours) at Level 4 or above
- Teaching qualification or willingness to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- A minimum of one years’ experience of teaching and assessing at level 2 or above OR experience in an education or support setting with transferable skills
- A member of a professional association for counselling or psychotherapy, preferably BACP
- Minimum Level 2 English and Maths qualifications
- Good IT skills including competent use of internet, email and learning technologies
Salary: £25 - £30 per hour depending on qualifications and experience (and additional annual loyalty bonus)
Expiry Date: On-going recruitment
How to apply
To apply please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Vic Norman (Director)
For further information please contact Errolie Sermaine (Director) by emailing Errolie.Sermaine@londonschoolofcounselling.co.uk We look forward to hearing from you.
Lecturer in Counselling
Job Type: (Perm/Temp/Part-time/Full-Time)- Opportunity for Fractional permanent position from September 2021.
Centre Name: North Hertfordshire College
Location: Monkswood Way, Stevenage SG1 1 LA
We are looking for an outstanding professional, who is motivated and committed to the success of their students. If you can bring Counselling to life in a way that engages, inspires and leads to high achievement, then you will be successful here at NHC. The role requires supporting and teaching students who are in the process of completing a level 4 certificate in Counselling (CPCAB)
You will help develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise a diverse range of teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver CPCAB Counselling programmes in a group setting to learners of varying abilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the promotion of courses and the recruitment and enrolment of students.
- Ensure effective assessment of students to help to ensure that learning meets individual needs.
- Maintain a safe learning environment by supporting students in understanding how to keep themselves, and others, safe and notifying management of any risks.
- Promote the fundamental British values of democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; the mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Utilise a wide range of teaching and learning tools to create and plan interesting and engaging learning opportunities.
- Deliver outstanding learning, using creative learning strategies that will inspire and engage students to reach their full potential.
- Provide students with academic and pastoral support to help them achieve their goals.
- Mark and assess students’ work, providing feedback that supports students to improve.
- Take responsibility for the progress and achievement of all students on your course.
- Lead a programme or course, maintaining high standards of behaviour and performance, and providing high quality experiences to raise students’ aspirations.
- Liaise with student support functions, external agencies and parents to help ensure that students make good or better progress.
- Use and analyse programme data to support effective course management.
- Deliver IAG to support students’ decision making and high rates of progression.
WHO WE ARE
- A professional Counsellor, Teacher or lecturer with demonstrable experience of delivering outstanding teaching and learning or relevant industry experience.
- Ability to inspire and engage students to achieve their full potential and a passion for teaching and learning.
- Organised with an ability to work towards challenging targets and manage time effectively.
- Educated to degree level or hold a relevant occupational qualification in the subject area.
- Relevant teaching qualification or willingness to work towards one.
- A*-C in maths and English.
- Experience of teaching up to Level 4 in Counselling
North Hertfordshire College (NHC) is a further education college with over 3,000 full time students across a wide range of areas of learning.
Everything we do at NHC is about helping students achieve what they want to be in life. That means helping them to develop both the knowledge and skills they need to progress in their chosen occupational area, and the employability skills that we know employers require of young people when they enter the world of work.
NHC is part of the Hart Learning Group which also includes Hart L&D, a progressive learning and development business that helps business clients of all sizes to engage with emerging talent, and the Hart Schools Trust – a burgeoning multi-academy trust which sponsors a small number of schools in our local community.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. We want NHC to be Outstanding by 2018. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We’re building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students achieve what they want to be in life.
To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com
Salary: £31.95 an hour at Level 4
Expiry Date: NA
How to apply
Please contact Samantha Marriott Course coordinator
Counselling Tutor - Chichester College Group in partnership with Cara Counselling Training
Job Title: Counselling Tutor
Job Type: Part-time Sessional
Location: Worthing College, Worthing, West Sussex
We are looking for sessional tutors to teach and support part time students on our counselling courses. Cara Counselling Training work in partnership with the Chichester College Group; the provision is currently expanding, and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
The current counselling provision includes: Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory, and the Level 4 BACP Approved Practitioner Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. All our courses are co-tutored, the tutors share the responsibilities of delivering, supporting, and assessing, equally and collaboratively. All course materials and resources are provided to ensure continuity throughout, our aim is to provide a high-quality experience with outstanding outcomes.
Applicants need to be available to teach evening sessions in addition to daytime and must be a qualified counsellor and BACP registered or equivalent. We also require applicants to hold a teaching or training qualification or be in the process of obtaining one.
So, if you have energy, enthusiasm, and passion for both counselling AND education, then please get in touch!
Salary: £26.50 - £30.00 per hour depending on experience
How to apply: Please express your interest by submitting a current CV and covering letter to Deborah Flynn-Harland (07846 601228) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Place2Be Volunteer Counsellors - Nationwide
If you are a qualified or trainee counsellor/therapist, or clinical psychologist and would like to work therapeutically with children, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in a primary or secondary school setting. We provide on-site same day supervision, developmental training and possible career progression within the organisation. Placements are generally one day per week, for one academic year, term time only. Half day placements may be available in some areas.
To apply: visit www.place2be.org.uk/volunteer or contact the Volunteer Recruitment Team on 020 7923 5533 or email@example.com.
Volunteer placements for counselling students - London
London Young Counselling is an organisation which provides counselling and mental health support to secondary schools across the UK. Their service works closely with schools to provide 1:1 counselling sessions to students weekly, during their school day.
London Young Counselling offers placements to people currently in their second year of a counselling course as well as qualified counsellors, all through the year. They expect counsellors to be able to commit to at least one academic year and be able to commit to at least a 3 hour placement slot per week. London Young Counselling cover the costs of insurance, DBS checks and necessary training for volunteers of the service.