The new BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification – CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic CounsellingExpressions of Interest
CPCAB are offering the new BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification - CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling to CPCAB centres who wish to take part in this exciting pilot from September 2020.
In this initial pilot phase CPCAB are offering the approved qualification on a trial basis to a selection of CPCAB centres who wish to adopt the scheme for their upcoming 2020 delivery of the TC-L4. In this phase the qualification itself remains unchanged and candidates can expect to receive the same robust TC-L4 qualification they always have, with additional BACP resources available and a smooth transition to registration with BACP. They will also receive certification that includes both a CPCAB and BACP logo together with confirmation that they have completed a qualification that meets the standards of the BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification scheme.
The pilot is open to all centres who are approved to deliver the CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4). The CPCAB/BACP approved qualification is offered to centres who wish to ‘Opt In’ to the scheme. Centres who do not wish to participate or who have aligned their course delivery with an alternative professional association or register can continue to deliver the standard TC-L4 as normal.
We are delighted to invite centres to register their expressions of interest for this pilot. We will offer bespoke information and guidance to help you promote, deliver, assess, and certificate your candidates. To register your interest and find out more including how to apply, please provide your contact details below. Molly Ayre, one of our Counselling Qualifications Professionals, will be in contact and support you.
We hope that this is adopted as a valuable opportunity for centres who wish to provide their students with a straightforward route to BACP registration.Why a new BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification - CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling?
The BACP Qualification Approval scheme was initiated in Scotland with the approval of the SQA Higher National Diploma in Counselling. The BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification scheme differs from BACP’s existing Accredited Course scheme in that the agreement is at qualification level with the awarding organisation, not with the individual course provider. For BACP, this scheme represents a new way of working with qualification providers, rather than placing the onus upon individual training providers to apply for BACP course accreditation at centre level.
CPCAB have worked with BACP to map the current CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4) to the requirements for BACP Qualification Approval. This ensures that it meets the high standards of both organisations in terms of content, curriculum, delivery, assessment, and practice requirements. The qualification has also been mapped to the relevant BACP professional standards and competencies and the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Candidates who successfully complete an approved TC-L4 diploma will have the Certificate of Proficiency facilitated directly for them by their training provider and will be able to apply directly for Individual Registration with BACP. Candidates can also be reassured that their qualification has already been approved by BACP.
Benefits for centres:
- Be amongst the first centres to offer the new BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification - CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and promote this opportunity to potential candidates.
- The same robust TC-L4 qualification.
- New guidance which responds to recent changes in the field of counselling and psychotherapy.
- Staff BACP membership provides additional BACP resources.
- Offer BACP Certificate of Proficiency from your own centre.
- A straightforward application and approval process from CPCAB.
- CPCAB staff and external verifier support.
Benefits for candidates:
Eligibility for the new BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification - CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – requirements for centres:
- The Centre will deliver the TC-L4 so that it meets the minimum requirements of the qualification, including a supervised placement of a minimum 100 hours, and minimum of 10 hours personal therapy.
- The Centre will participate in all CPCAB quality assurance processes, including External Verification and Standardisation.
- All tutors involved in the delivery and assessment of the TC-L4 have been approved by CPCAB as appropriate to deliver this qualification (minimum of 2 tutors per course delivery)
- All tutors are members of BACP, agree to work within the current BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (Ethical Framework) and understand that they are subject to the BACP complaints procedure
- All candidates registered on the approved qualification will become BACP student members for the duration of the qualification, and agree to work within the current BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (Ethical Framework) and understand that they are subject to the BACP complaints procedure
- All candidates will undertake sufficient and appropriate counselling supervision from a suitably qualified counselling supervisor to meet BACP supervision recommendations for trainee counsellors.
- The Centre will provide resources including equipment and invigilation required to facilitate candidates undertaking the BACP Certificate of Proficiency during the course.
- The Centre will support requirements for an extension period of 12 months for completion of client hours, external and internal assessment and the BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Thank you for expressing your interest in the 'BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification – CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling'.
A member of our team will contact you shortly with further information.