This post qualifying qualification is designed to give learners the specialist knowledge, skills and competences to work as counsellors with children and young people aged 11-18.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to work as counsellors with this age group in a range of job and career opportunities, which include but are not limited to:
- A counsellor employed by a School or College
- A counsellor in an agency or organisation which specialise in counselling children and young people
- A private counsellor working for an external organisation such as a school, youth club, wellness/mental health setting
- An ‘adult’ counsellor in independent practice wishing to extend their work to cover this age range
- A youth worker in the community
- An outreach worker with adolescents/teenagers
You must have obtained our Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling or its equivalent.
Read section 5 of the Specification for further information.Funding
- Decision on eligibility for Advanced Learner Loans (19+) is pending
- Candidates in England may also be able to access funding according to individual entitlement criteria (e.g. related to age and/or employment status and/or prior qualifications).
- For more detailed see funding information