This two year part-time qualification gives learners the knowledge, skills and competencies to work as a therapeutic counsellor in an agency context in both health care and non-medical settings.
Successful completion of this course means you will be able to provide a therapeutic counselling service – initially within the context of an agency’s service framework but later (with experience and support from the supervisor, or by completing PC-L5 or its equivalent) may progress to independent practice.Entry requirements
Read section 5 of the Specification for further information.Funding
The qualification is eligible in England for Advanced Learner Loans (19+).
Candidates in England may also be able to access funding according to individual entitlement criteria (e.g. related to age and/or employment status and/or prior qualifications).
For more detailed see funding information.Where to study Use our centre finder to find a 'Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4)' course.
- Working ethically, safely and professionally as a counsellor (R/600/9346)
- Working within a counselling relationship (T/600/9355)
- Working with client diversity in counselling work (J/600/9358)
- Working within a user-centred approach to counselling (F/600/9472)
- Working with self-awareness in the counselling process (H/600/9478)
- Working within a coherent framework of counselling theory and skills (K/600/9482)
- Working self-reflectively as a counsellor (F/600/9486)