Due to high demand all counselling videos will be available exclusively as digital downloads from the 1st April 2021.
We are accepting DVD orders until this date however they will take longer than usual to process due to Covid-19 remote working requirements.
Listening and Counselling Skills: a 'how not to' guide
The usual method of teaching a skill is to demonstrate the correct method. By focussing on what not to do, this film illustrates - in a humorous way - that effective listening and responding is as much about not doing as it is about doing. Which is, perhaps, the most basic skill that the student needs to learn: the good listener stops doing things in order to listen.
The film consists of the following segments:
- Examples of how NOT to listen
- Examples of how NOT to ask questions
- Examples of how NOT to respond
Each section has a number of short clips illustrating - in a humorous way - what can go wrong if the basic listening and responding skills aren’t followed.
Running time: 50 minutes
- Listening and Counselling Skills: a how not to guide digital
- Listening and Counselling Skills: a how not to guide DVD
- SPECIAL OFFER: Buy this DVD together with Introducing Listening and Counselling Skills DVD £49.95