Understanding Person-Centred Counselling Video
In this introduction to Person-Centred counselling Barry Kopp demonstrates how, by working with the three core conditions of empathy, unconditional positive regard and congruence, he is able to develop the counselling relationship. This highly engaging collection of videos will be of great practical value to both trainees and counsellors wishing to develop both their understanding of this classic humanistic approach and the application of Person-Centred counselling to practice. The collection also includes a discussion of how the CPCAB model of counselling practice relates to Person-Centred counselling.
Barry Kopp is an experienced Person-Centred counsellor and trainer, co-author of the book "Counselling Skills and Studies" and Senior Verifier at CPCAB.
The video consists of the following segments:
- An unscripted Person-Centred counselling session
- Post-session debrief in which both practitioner and client talk about their experience of the session
- Discussion of the session and the key concepts of the Person-Centred approach - with Barry Kopp and Anthony Crouch, Chief Executive of CPCAB
- Discussion of how the CPCAB model of counselling practice relates to Person-Centred counselling - with Barry Kopp and Anthony Crouch.
Running time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- Home study - digital stream
- Group training - digital stream
Which edition do I need?
The home study edition permits the purchaser to view or use the video in a personal and private capacity, e.g. private study.
In addition to the above, the group training edition permits the purchaser to view or use the video in a professional, public and/or group capacity.